Friday, January 23, 2009

I Desire to Know YOU More

The happenings lately were getting close to depressing that when my bestfriend asked that we have midnight dinner, I obliged.

And it was worth it. Thanks Tine... for making me cry. :) Hehe.

Our conversations would usually start with comments on each other's weight. Buti na lang this time, ako yung pumayat. :p

And then, biglang serious yung topic. Tine went to worship last Sunday. She was touched by the pastor's sharing that she decided to share the preaching to me too.

The pastor shares...

He was driving one time when somebody knocked on his window. He pulled down his window enough that he would be able to give some change to the child.

When he reached his destination, he went on to park his car. While parking, somebody knocked on his window again. It was a friend who he hasn't seen for years. He gladly got out of his car and had a nice chat with that person.

Reflection...

When the child knocked on his window, he was asking for the man's blessing. The change was given to him, but he only saw the hand of the giver.

The man did not ask to see his friend, but it was indeed a blessing that he saw him that day.

When we pray, we ask for God's blessing. When our prayers our answered, sometimes, what we see is just His hand, or His blessing. We do not seek Him. We do not desire to know who our Giver was.

Ouch! Dun ako naiyak. Haha, actually sabay kami naiyak. And so, there we were in McDo El Pueblo, midnight, nag-iyakan. Konti lang naman.

Guilty! I have been accepting His blessings, but I have failed to know Him. I am a little too emotional lately maybe because I feel empty... maybe because I am missing Him.

Dear Lord, thank you for loving me though I know that my life is not as perfect as Your love for me. I seek for Your love and I desire to know YOU more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great blog!!! Enjoy reading it as much as seeing you everyday, ay mon to fri lang pala. Tnx and be happy alwayz hehe!