Thursday, March 1, 2007

Wrong Car!

At around 8pm today, I got a text from Tine (my bestfriend). "Baba ka na.", it said.

That afternoon, we thought of having coffee before going home. We haven't actually decided where we're gonna have coffee.

Upon receiving her sms, I shut down my office PC, rode the elevator down to the building ground floor. As I was pushing the building exit door, a car was slowing down in front of the building. I was unsure if this was the car that I was supposed to ride in, so I slowed down too. But I heard Tine calling me and thought that her voice was coming from inside the car. So I hurried and opened the car's door. To my surprise (and embarrassment), the door was locked. Realizing that this was not the car, I slowly walked backwards, away from the car, praying that all those who were also waiting would not realize what just happened.

I looked across the street, to the parking lot. I saw Tine - in shock. I ran to her in embarrassment. Geez!

No comments: